- For ticket prices, please refer to the list of ticket prices announced by the Company at the station. Passengers entering and exiting the same station will pay the minimum single-journey ticket price posted in the station. For special conditions, please contact station personnel for assistance.
- Passengers under six years old (please show the ID for children 115cm or above) can take the MRT free of charge if they are accompanied by fare-paid passengers. Each paid passenger can accompany two children 6 years old or under. Children cannot travel alone if they are not accompanied by paid passengers, and the Company has the right to refuse to provide transportation to these children.
- If the number of children on the train free of charge exceeds the permitted number stipulated, then the paid passenger should buy a full-price single-journey ticket for each additional child.
- Aside from group tickets, each ticket of the Company can be used by one person only for one ride. It cannot be used by more than one person.
- Passengers should keep their valid tickets safe. Tickets should not be damaged, scratched, or written on. The ticket holder will be liable for compensating for the damage for tickets that cannot be recognized or used because of inappropriate usage or storage. If the above-mentioned damage happens to periodic tickets, the Company will not accept tickets returned, and the periodic ticket holder whose name is registered on the ticket shall bear losses associated with the ticket damage all by him or herself.
- Passengers damaging a single-journey ticket shall return the single-journey ticket and pay a fee of NT$50.
- Ticket cards sold by ticket companies will be processed in accordance with the terms and conditions set by these companies.
- When entering and exiting the stations, each passenger should use only one ticket card by tapping it on the ticket sensing area. Do not use multiple cards at the same time.
Making up Fare Difference
Exiting the station exceeding the permitted period
- Except for matters attributable to the company, the period of time for passengers from entering the paid area to exiting the paid area is stipulated below.
(1) A maximum of two hours is allowed for passengers entering and exiting different stations.
(2) A maximum of 15 minutes is allowed for passengers entering and exiting the same station.
- Passengers exiting the station exceeding the permitted period of time will pay not only the ticket price but also be charged for the minimum one-way fare as an overtime fee.
Fare for traveling additional zones
- Single-Journey tickets and group tickets: Passengers traveling additional zones should pay fares for the additional zones, i.e., fares for zones they have travelled.
- Periodic tickets: Passengers traveling additional zones should pay fares for traveling the additional zones according to their status (senior citizens, students, etc.).
- Ticket cards from ticket card companies: When passengers are exiting the station without having enough money stored on their cards to pay the fare, they should go to Information Counter at the station to add money to their cards or to pay cash fares for the entire trip.
- Passengers traveling without a ticket, using invalid tickets, or using false status to buy tickets and travel have to make up the difference and pay a default penalty of 50 times the supposed ticket price.
- Regarding fares for traveling additional zones and the default penalty mentioned above, if passengers cannot provide any proof for their starting point of the trip, the fare and the default penalty will be calculated using the maximum one-way fare announced by the Company.
- Passengers losing or damaging their single-journey tickets have to pay the expense for the single-journey ticket aside from paying the fare for the trip.
- Except for matters attributable to the Company, passengers cannot exit the station until they have made up the difference by cash in accordance with the regulations. Passengers who have already paid a fare higher than the required fare cannot ask for a refund.
- Passengers who need to make up the difference or pay the default penalty but cannot pay the amount immediately should provide their ID documents, fill out the form for making up the fare difference, and make payment at the station within ten days. Should passengers fail to make up the fare difference within the required period, the Company will request recovery in accordance with the law.
- Passengers using forged or altered tickets will be reported by the Company to the police in addition to handling the case in accordance with the regulations on fare evasion.
- Except for matters attributable to the Company or announcement made by the Company, there is no refund for passengers using single-journey tickets or group tickets once their tickets have been used. Unused tickets can be returned and refunded only on the day of purchase.
- If passengers exit the station before reaching the destination, no refund is available for making up the fare difference except for matters attributable to the Company or any announcement made by the Company.
- If passengers apply for periodic ticket refunds, the Company will deduct discounts or promotional offers given as well as the processing fee from the ticket price before giving them the refunds (no refund if the total amount to be deducted exceeds the ticket price).
- Passengers applying for ticket refunds should first go to Information Counter at the station to submit the application. After verification, the passengers can get the refund on-site or at the designated location.
- If the operation of the train is interrupted by an emergency at the station or any abnormal condition making carriage evacuation necessary, passengers using single-journey tickets can ask for a full refund within seven days after the incident. Passengers using other types of tickets can use the Automatic Gates to update their tickets or ask Information Counter at the station to update their tickets.
- Passengers stuck in the train or in an elevator for more than 20 minutes because of a system failure will receive one single ride ticket for every 20 minutes they are stuck in the train/elevator.
- Regarding periodic tickets that are still within the valid period, if the train is suspended for one day or more because of force majeure or other temporary factors, ticket holders (with tickets registered under their names) can ask for single ride tickets. Two single ride tickets will be given for every day the train is suspended.
Transaction Record Inquiry
Passengers can use the Remaining Value Checking Terminal (RVCT) at the station to get the six most recent transactions of their ticket cards. For other transactions, please submit an application at the station. Passengers will be charged a fee of NT$20 for processing, and NT$5 for each additional page.